RAL quality assurance is particularly embodied by RAL Quality Marks and the RAL colour cards. However, the award of the Blue Angel environmental label and EU Ecolabel and licensing and monitoring of e.g. the test logo of Stiftung Warentest also require reliable and quality-assured processes. At that start of 2020, the RAL management system itself was successfully certified in accordance with DIN ISO 9001:2015. The certificate attests that RAL has a reliable quality management system which ensures the provision of consistently high product and service quality. The procedures documented in the quality management system are designed to support significant improvements in productivity internally, minimise risks and thus achieve cost savings in organisational and administrative processes. The quality management system will also help to achieve a higher level of customer satisfaction and improve employee motivation. Following an audit in 2019, SZI SWEDAC Zertifizierungsgesellschaft International GmbH issued RAL with the certificate, which is valid until the beginning of 2023.
The certificate covers:
- The creation and development of Quality Marks to rationalise the economy
- The development and marketing of colour sample cards and colour design templates
- Services for the professional use of colour
- Awarding, licensing and monitoring environmental labels, marks and other labels
- Holding educational events